Convenient Pet Wellness Care
Now you can save your pet a stressful car ride because Mountain Mobile Veterinary Hospital brings high-quality veterinary care right to your doorstep. Consistent preventive care is an important part of your pet’s overall health and wellbeing, and Dr. Felz offers full-service wellness and medical services with all the comforts of home.
Pets respond much better to medical checkups when they feel comfortable and safe, and a personal house call from Dr. Felz ensures your pet receives customized veterinary service in a stress-free space. Regular visits help us get to know your pet’s individual needs, and allow for early diagnosis of potential health issues before they turn into serious problems.
Mountain Mobile is the first to bring convenient mobile veterinary care to Missoula, and we recommend scheduling a wellness appointment on an annual basis for your cat or dog. Our state-of-the-art mobile hospital is equipped with modern medical equipment and diagnostic technology. Pet wellness visits include the following:
- Complete physical exam—includes a complete nose-to-tail evaluation of all your pets body systems.
- Vaccination review—Dr. Felz will propose a vaccine protocol depending on your pet’s age, lifestyle, and environment. It is critically important that your pet is not over vaccinated.
- Wellness and Geriatric Screening—Routine blood work is used to evaluate your pets internal organ function and is used to detect problems early.
- Internal assessment—diagnostic testing to evaluate vital signs and internal organ health.
- Oral exam—complete oral exam to evaluate the teeth and gums. Good dental health is vital to keeping your pets healthy and pain free.
- Parasite screening—Dr. Felz will screen your pets for external parasites like fleas and ticks, internal parasites like heartworms, and gastrointestinal parasites like hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms.
- Microchipping—allows for the permanent identification of a pet in the event they are lost or stolen.
Puppies and Kittens
A new puppy or kitten is a wonderful addition to the family, and it’s important to introduce them to professional veterinary care as early as possible. At Mountain Mobile, we offer wellness and preventive care for puppies and kittens as early as day one of life:
- Core vaccinations—puppies and kittens are generally vaccinated at 8, 12, and 16 weeks to provide adequate protection from disease
- Internal parasite screening and appropriate deworming is important to keep young animals healthy
Senior pets benefit from more frequent veterinary care to address common age-related medical conditions that may affect their overall health and quality of life, e.g., arthritis, heart disease, and kidney disease. Dr. Felz provides bloodwork screens and diagnostic testing for senior wellness exams to identify and treat these conditions early on before they become severe.